Thursday, August 4, 2011

High school requirements for political science?

I'm from Canada, I just finished grade 10. I wanna do political science too! I looked on my school website for Political Science programs from alot of universities in Ontario, and they don't require math (thank god, I'm terrible at it). Only english (but that's mandatory for all highschool students here). They do recommend taking some type of statistics course like Data Management, but it's not necessarily a requirement. To go into law, you have to complete a bachelor's degree in something first. You could do it in Political Science, or History or English, those are all helpful majors for going into law. I'm guessing the top universities would probably want very high averages, like high 80s - 90s, even though I've heard of schools accepting people with 70s before. In highschool now, you should take courses that will lead towards the law/journalism type of stuff, like law, history, maybe communications technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment